Do you need to understand big data and how it will impact your business? This Specialization is for you. You will gain an understanding of what insights big data can provide through hands-on experience with the tools and systems used by big data scientists and engineers. Previous programming experience is not required! You will be guided through the basics of using Hadoop with MapReduce, Spark, Pig and Hive. By following along with provided code, you will experience how one can perform predictive modeling and leverage graph analytics to model problems. This specialization will prepare you to ask the right questions about data, communicate effectively with data scientists, and do basic exploration of large, complex datasets.
- No Pre-requisite required. Basic knowledge of operating computer is more than enough
- Curiosity to learn new technology. No pre requisites
Who this course is for
1. People looking to advance their career in Data Engineering, Big Data, Hadoop, Spark.
2. This course is for anyone who want to learn and understand in depth about Hadoop and Big Data.
3. This course is for anyone who aspire a career as a Hadoop Developer.
What you'll learn
1. Understand what is Big Data, the challenges with Big Data and how Hadoop propose a solution for the Big Data problem.
2. Install and configure a Hadoop cluster on cloud services like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
3. Work and navigate Hadoop cluster with ease.
4. Write optimized Hive queries to perform data analysis on simple and nested datasets.
5. Understand Hadoop architecture, Single Point Of Failures (SPOF), Secondary/Checkpoint/Backup nodes, HA configuration and YARN.
6. Understand how Joins work behind the scenes and will be able to write optimized join statements.