This course gives you the basic foundational principles of DevOps with a particular focus on culture and the DevOps mindset. We’ll learn about how DevOps is grounded in lean principles, and how it can help improve collaboration between developers and operations team members. We'll learn about ideas regarding systems thinking, feedback loops, continuous improvement, loosely coupled architecture and teams, managing risk, and dealing with unplanned work. We’ll learn about strategies to manage work, monitor it, keep it organized, and maintain a high level of quality by following key DevOps principles. We’ll also discuss various organizational models and structures that are used by companies in their DevOps transformations. You’ll learn about value stream mapping, and ensuring continuous workflow. Ultimately, we'll learn key ideas and tactics that you can employ at your own organizations to improve both time-to-market and increase the value delivered for your customers, no matter your product line or industry.
- A computer running Windows, OSX or Linux.
- Knowledge of Git and Linux will be preferred but NOT required.
- Prior experience with Docker Technologies is NOT required.
Who this course is for
1. DevOps, Developers, or QAs who want to advance their career by improving their DevOps skills.
2. Developers who want to learn how to develop and deploy containerized modern web applications with a micro-service approach.
3. There is no prior knowledge needed, but a dev/ops/cloud/linux/networks background will definitely help.
What you'll learn
1. Diagnose a team’s delivery pipeline and bring forward prioritized recommendations to improve it.
2. Explain the skill sets and roles involved in DevOps and how they contribute toward a continuous delivery capability.
3. Review and deliver automation tests across the development stack.
4. Explain the key jobs of system operations and how today’s leading techniques and tools apply to them.
5. Explain how high-functioning teams use DevOps and related methods to reach a continuous delivery capability.
6. Facilitate prioritized, iterative team progress on improving a delivery pipeline.