In this game dev course you'll learn how to make a 2D turn by turn strategy game using Unity, C# and Photoshop.
The keys things that you will learn by attending this course
First of all you'll gain a deeper understanding of what it takes to create an entire game from A to Z, from art to programming to sounds to game design! By the end of the course you'll be able to make your very own 2D local multiplayer strategy games.
The game we will bring to life is simple, but will teach you the fundamentals of many tactic/strategy games such as turn by turn systems, attack & defense, moving characters on grid like environments, placing units, gaining resources and more! All with the C# programming language- if you uderstand the basics of coding, then this is the perfect opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of those fundamentals (such as functions, arrays, vectors, if statements) and learn extra tips and tricks related to turn by turn games.
- Have Unity and some 2D application like Ps, Gimp, SketchPad or MS Paint installed on your computer.
- Before starting this course you should understand the basics of Unity. Like saving scenes, navigating the interface, using the three basic manipulation tools (Translate, Rotate and Scale), create prefabs and add and modify components inside of the inspector.
- You should have a strong understanding of the basics of C#, such as creating variables, modifying those and calling functions.
- Have a strong desire to learn, have fun and create awesome games.
Who this course is for
1. A beginner/intermediate game developer interested in learning how to create a fun, commercial quality 2D strategy game from A to Z using Unity and C#.
2. This course is also for those curious about programming using C#.
3. Someone wanting to learn how to draw and animate 2D game characters using a 2D application like Ps or Gimp and Unity.
What you'll learn
1. Create a local multiplayer 2D strategy game in Unity.
2. Create 2D game art.
3. Make UI and sound effects.
4. Code an attack/defense system.
5. Understand on a deeper level the C# fundamentals.
6. Animate 2D characters in Unity.